[Javascript] Question regarding Netscape

Chris Tifer christ at saeweb.com
Tue Apr 15 07:43:44 CDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Lovering" <dlovering at gazos.com>
To: "[JavaScript List]" <javascript at LaTech.edu>
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2003 5:16 PM
Subject: Re: [Javascript] Question regarding Netscape

> Ultra-humongous: each frame references external source files with 4MB+ of
> working code (HTML, PHP, Java applets, JavaScript, etc.), of which almost
> none is image based.

If anyone is doing something like that, I would tell them to come up with a
better way of presenting their data.

> I've seen similar problems with smaller files, but the
> case is blatant when things are so big.

I guess I still don't comprehend what types of problems you're talking
about because with frames and having to determine if they're loaded,
it's just the same as with single documents, except you're dealing with
multiple single documents that have to be targeted differently.  If you'd
like
to capture this type of stuff though (such as when pages are completely
loaded, etc), then I suggest you have some code in your top document that
keeps track of this since it's available at all times, even after other
frames have been loaded and unloaded throughout a user's surfing
experience.

Chris Tifer
http://www.emailajoke.com