[Javascript] Can I Give Myself a Cookie ?

Tim Makins spindrift at oceanfree.net
Sat Apr 19 09:34:15 CDT 2003

I notice that Internet Explorer includes 'My Computer' in its list of
History items. This got me wondering whether it is possible to set a Cookie
on my own computer ? I am developing a series of webpages that are designed
to be viewed on a local computer, with no requirement for an Internet
connection. A calculation requires a couple of variables from the surfer,
and rather than ask for it each time the program is run, or have them
manually edit a file, it would be nice to store the information on their
computer somehow - a cookie seems the obvious way....

Tim in Ireland.