[Javascript] Page loaded

Andrew Gibson andyg at ihug.co.nz
Wed Aug 6 00:20:53 CDT 2003

I have a page which goes and checks for new info every n seconds.....with a
setTimeOut - the script just goes via a hidden frame so the whole page is
not reloaded...

I want this to act as an alert for a user if he/she is in another window
with my site still open....

The problem is that after checking for the new info, the Browser icon in the
taskbar by the start button highlights on and off telling me the page is
finished loading, whether or not there is new info....

I just want the user to be alerted if the script has provided NEW
information

cheers
Andrew Gibson