[Javascript] Bit late! JavaScript to PHP variable transfer

Mike Dougherty mdougherty at pbp.com
Fri Aug 22 10:27:24 CDT 2003

The "session cookie" is just a key used to access the session on the
server, the actual data is stored on the server.  We use this method to
cache potentially large ADO recordsets in the session for faster
successive lookups by the user.  (they suffer a 5-10 minute retrieval,
then interact with the cached data.  Sure, there's a great deal of
round-tripping, but it's an intranet and performance isn't <too>
terrible)