[Javascript] Can a reloaded parent window close its child?

Tim Makins spindrift at oceanfree.net
Sun Dec 28 03:29:40 CST 2003

Here's an untested idea that seems feasible. It strikes me that you are
trying to maintain impossible connections - surely its easier to progress in
a linear manner. How about something on these lines:

1/ Parent A creates Child, then Parent A closes itself. Child can 'take with
it' whatever variables it needs to pass on.

2/ Child then creates what we can call 'Parent B', the new main page.

3/ Thus Child could close itself after a time period, or on command from
Parent B.

Tim in Ireland.