[Javascript] Re: Ignore my last Post. This is what I need.

Clyde "Hob" List <ClydeList@cs.com> ClydeList at cs.com
Sun Feb 9 14:26:27 CST 2003

--- In javascript at yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Gibson" <andyg at i...> wrote:
> I always refer to frames by name viz
>
> parent.frames['nyFrame'].location='text2.htm'

read back the result of the first line. But noooo. It only has eyes
for the original HTML document, What causes that?

>   <script language="Javascript">
>   parent.frames[0].location='text2.htm'
>   parent.scribula.document.write(parent.frames[0].location)
>   </script>

Thankyou for the concept. I've tried it and it works. It still
doesn't solve my problem. I think my problem is that I'm trying to
use Frames as a virtual disk drive. The difference is that frame
content has to become part of the window hierarchy before it's
readable by the other frames (even though the information may be
readable to the user). Some sort of user involvement is required to
make the new file's variables readable to the other windows.