[Javascript] Forget the past - Date selection

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 20 08:25:48 CST 2003

>I need a date chooser for a form. The criteria is that it obviously must
>select correct dates i.e. NOT Feb 31, but the user must NOT be able to
>select a date in the past.
>Extra features would be:Today is selected upon load and a possible max of
>being able to select upto a month into the future (but not essential)
>Have looked at most free javascript sites and not found anything. Does
>anyone know where I can obtain this piece of code?

http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/js/index.html?datecheck.html gives a script. The
user can select a date from the past, but the script can be made to check
and disallow this.

Probably you'll have to tweak it, but I think it's what you're looking for.

ppk, freelance web developer
Interaction, copywriting, JavaScript, integration
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/
Column "Keep it Simple": http://www.digital-web.com/columns/keepitsimple/
W3C DOM Compatibility Table, expanded & updated
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/js/index.html?version5.html