[Javascript] Disconnected Recordset

Michael Dougherty Michael_Dougherty at PBP.com
Mon Feb 24 10:39:27 CST 2003

Most references to 'client-side' disconnected recordsets assume that the web
server is the client, and the database is the server.  I have a javascript
applet (on our intranet) that makes an independant connection to the
database.  I would like to use a disconnected recordset, but i can't figure
out how to set the recordset's activeConnection property to null

goRS.activeConnection = null : arguements are of the wrong type ...
goRS.activeConnection = Null : 'Null' is undefined

How is this done properly?

Even better: do you have a URL to an example?