[Javascript] JavaScript/PHP/HTML parsing engines

Craig Gardner CGardner at JohnBurnham.com
Tue Jul 1 13:03:24 CDT 2003

how about good old debugging messages?  put alerts, echos, or just words
every once in a while in your code so that you can track where it breaks...

	-----Original Message-----
	From: David Lovering [mailto:dlovering at gazos.com]
	Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 10:52 AM
	To: javascript at LaTech.edu
	Subject: [Javascript] JavaScript/PHP/HTML parsing engines

	A lot of the "bugs" and confusion I've seen in the last few
weeks/months could have (in theory) been ameliorated somewhat by a good
code-checking routine -- either as an on-line service, or as a downloadable
utility.  I for example use a hodge-podge of JavaScript, PHP, and HTML code
which would probably send most simple code-checkers screaming out the door.
IE and Netscape/Mozilla are kind enough to let you know when your code is
completely whacked, but their notion of line-numbers and originating module
names are pretty hilarious -- plus they don't do concordences, and they
always crash at the first fatal error -- rather tedious when you have 1,417
of them.

	Has anyone seen and/or found something that would help us feebs get
a grip on our code before harassing the bulletin board with our diverse lack
of insight?

	-- Dave Lovering