[Javascript] Writing Files to local disk

Peter Brunone peter at brunone.com
Wed Jul 2 15:19:50 CDT 2003

Rodney,

   If the page you're writing resides on the user's machine, then you should be able to use Mappath(relative path/filename) to refer to the file you want to save... but if you want a file to show changes, you'll have to save it somehow first.  Have you considered using the FileSystemObject to open the file and make the changes there?

Cheers,

Peter