[Javascript] Reading values into an array

Alan Easton alan.easton at unn.ac.uk
Tue Jul 15 07:52:09 CDT 2003

Hello All,

I have the results of an ASP recordset that I would like to read into a
Javascript array. My recordset only returns 3 records, so I need to end up
with a javascript 1D array similar to:

var my_values=new Array("photo1.jpg","photo2.jpg","photo3.jpg")

Where photo1.jpg, photo2.jpg, photo3.jpg are the 3 records that have been
returned in my recordset.

Does any one have any idea on how I would go about doing this. I realise it
is tricky going from ASP recordsets to 1D javascript arrays, but I need some
guidance.

Any suggestions or links to further information would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Alan...