[Javascript] Timing Issues

David Lovering dlovering at gazos.com
Mon Jul 21 12:10:08 CDT 2003

Dear Chris:

All good ideas.  Unfortunately, in the former iteration I did have paging --
and got complaints from folks who wanted to print entire tables for reports
without segmentation issues getting in the way of the layout.  Business
majors -- go figure.

Although I'm certain the 'table per row' solution would work, the overhead
would be extremely gruesome, and I'll hold that trick in reserve until I've
exhausted everything else in the bag.

Have you any experience with createElement to "grow" an already displayed
table?  How does this affect the background latency to load the whole table?

The 'response.flush' feature might indeed work, particularly if I can force
the event handler to act on it after the "build" of each record.
Of course, since the screen geometry is set by "worst-case" TD
widths/heights, the whole screen will jitter like a hornytoad on a hotplate
as differing field lengths come pouring in.  Hmmm... some testing is in
order.

-- Dave Lovering