[Javascript] add a new entry in a drop down menu

Mike Dougherty Michael_Dougherty at pbp.com
Mon Jun 23 08:13:36 CDT 2003

DHTML can be used to make a fair approximation of a combo.

I would ask if it's really necessary to build controls when (certain)
users don't understand the existing controls.  Is there another way to
represent your input and choice controls so they make intuitive sense
for the user but do not require the developer to build/support a 'new'
idea?  (even if the VB-style combo isn't exactly a new interface, it's
not a native web control)