[Javascript] RE: onUnLoad question

Anthony Webster awebster at venda.com
Mon Jun 23 08:43:04 CDT 2003

hi again,

I have struggled with this problem all morning as it is not possible to determine the URL that is going to be loaded. I have found a solution that may interest some of you though. from looking around I found there are 2 ways to trigger my survey when users leave the site.

1. have a hidden frame and put the onUnload there.
2. define a variable such as flag=0 on the page, and on every single link on the page add flag=1 so that internal links don't trigger the survey.

option 2 is not really feasible for me as I dont really want to go through the whole site adding this, so instead I did this:

it has the desired effect of not triggering the survey anywhere on my site, but only when you navigate away. I am not convinced this is correct, but have tested it and it seems to work fine in version 6 browsers.

anthony