[Javascript] in response to "add a new entry in a drop down menu"

Walter Torres walter at torres.ws
Wed Jun 25 01:25:02 CDT 2003

FiestaNot to be too picky, but a SELECT Element in HTML is *not* a
combo-box.

A "combo-box" is a VB Object that lists you, the user-not the developer,
create a new item to a pick list by keying the info right a the pick list.

An HTML SELECT Element does not have that "feature" (Boy! I wish it did!)

So, your example is nice "one liner", it does not make the SELECT a combo
box.

You really had me excited when I was reading this thread about "dynamically
adding an item in a combo-box".

I was eager to see the solution.

But alas...

Anyway, as I said, nice "one-liner"

jsWalter [still eagerly wishing for a true combo-box]

So,