[Javascript] Browser difference IE5.5 vs. IE6.0

Michael Dougherty michael_dougherty at pbp.com
Wed May 21 14:44:31 CDT 2003

Background:
  My script encountered an ODBC error that caused the error handler to
write the offending SQL command to the screen.  I copied the output and
ran it manually with msSQL Query Analyzer.  After about 30 minutes of
unsuccessful searching, I asked my boss to look at it.  Upon repeating
the problem, his browser immediately alerted us to the fact that the
ODBC user did not have permission for the procedure it was attempting to
execute.  (Of course, I was logged into QA with sufficient rights)
  His browser is IE5.5, mine is IE6.0 - I've checked that both have the
same tools/options/"advanced" checkboxes checked regarding script
debuggin.

  I'm curious to know if there is a way to have IE6.0 report more error
information to me, so I don't have to find an IE5.5 browser for
debugging in order to not appear so foolish in the future.  Any ideas?

Unchecked:	Disable script debugging
Checked: 	Display a notification about every script error