[Javascript] variable undefined problem

Mckinney, Lori K lkmckinn at ingr.com
Thu May 29 08:15:31 CDT 2003

How about using something like this?  I changed itemCheck to be a boolean
flag.  If you didn't have an item0, that would have raised an error.

var i = 0;
var itemCheck = true;
while(window.itemCheck)
{
  x = "item" + i;
 try {
  itemCheck =eval(x);
   document.write("<A HREF=" + itemCheck + ">" + itemCheck + "<BR></A>" );
   i++;
 }
 catch (e) {
  itemCheck = false;