[Javascript] Download time

Andrew Gibson andyg at ihug.co.nz
Thu May 29 18:30:57 CDT 2003

Not really a Javascript problem, though in some ways it is.

I have a reasonably large DHTML application, around 120kb on the page,
mostly taken up with Javascript code. What are some ideas to speed the
download of the page?

Im using .net, so even with all the jscript cached on the server, the time
to load is still around 15-20 secs, too long I think.

I've looked at compression, which looks to cut the time to 20% which is
great, but are there any other techniques, besides effiicent coding !

And does the size of the page represent a problem if I get lots of
downloads?

Cheers
Andrew Gibson