[Javascript] Passing form name to function

David Lovering dlovering at gazos.com
Tue Sep 2 20:04:43 CDT 2003

Hmmm... try the following

function postForm(formName) {
     if (formName == "") { return -1; }
     eval('document.' + formName + '.submit()');
}

presuming of course you check to make sure the form actually exists, etc.

I use this method all the time, and it has yet to bite me in the butt.

-- Dave Lovering

P.S:  A slightly more "artsy" method --

  function postForm(formName) {
      if (formName == "") { return -1; }
      document.forms[formName].submit();
  }

  All this presumes too that the "action" elements are correctly defined...