[Javascript] (no subject)

Håkan Magnusson hakan at backbase.com
Fri Apr 16 04:45:48 CDT 2004

1. I'm not 100% sure on what you mean, but yes, the loMainItem can be
referenced/accessed by all functions (in the same execution scope) if
you define it globally. Like so:

var loMainItem;
loMainItem = 'Hello World'

function Item0100( param1, param2, param3 ) {
	alert(loMainItem);
}

Item0100(1,2,3);  // Will alert 'Hello World'

JavaScript do support prototyping and inheritance, meaning you can
create the loMainItem and let Itom0100 inherit from that object. This
has to be done in a slight different way than what you might be used to.
Have a look at this page:

http://www.crockford.com/javascript/inheritance.html

2. There is no built in reference to an objects "parent"/owner, but you
can quite easily build that kind of relation while constructing your
data set. I think the above link will throw you a good way in the right
direction.

Regards,