[Javascript] countdown timers

Gary D. Collier garydcollier at ccrtc.com
Tue Apr 20 14:10:38 CDT 2004

I realize this is not the burning issue in
JavaScript today, but I've just spent two days
looking thu the web for a countdown timer with the
following features:
  1.. Counts down for a time-period (e.g. 3 or 5
days), but NOT from or to a specific date (where
time-period could be set in code)
  2.. Format:  71:16:35  (hrs, mins, secs)
  3.. Starts automatically when window opens  (no
need for start or stop button)
  4.. Can be shown in 2 or more locations on the
page synchronously -- e.g., top, middle, bottom of
a long page.
I know some basic things about JavaScript, but
this is over my head.  Any help would be
appreciated. There are 5 million scripts for
counting down to a date.  But I was not able to
find any like I've described.

The purpose of such a timer would be for effect --
obviously, no one is going to leave a page open
for 3-5 days!  Here's the page I want to put it
on.  The counter there now is a nice counter, but
I don't need all the buttons on it, and don't know
how to get them off without destroying the timer.
http://www.home-based-business-alive.com

Thanks for any help,
Gary

.