[Javascript] Please help me

David Lovering dlovering at gazos.com
Wed Apr 28 21:02:41 CDT 2004

I'm not sure how well these methods generalize to all browsers, but if you
know the objectID of the layer you want to have on top you can do something
like this:

var myLayerObject = document.getObjectById("ID");

myLayerObject.style.z-index = 99;  [assuming all other layers have lower z
values]

Obviously, the "ID" bit is replaced by the appropriate value for your layer
(usually wrapped by a DIV, and sometimes a SPAN).

I'm speaking ex-cathedra here, as I don't have my code development machine
up right at the moment.  I'm trusting that the other Javascript gurus will
jump in if I've completely tanked the code.

-- Dave Lovering