[Javascript] new subscriber & Annotated JavaScript Project

David Merchant merchant at LATECH.EDU
Fri Apr 30 09:39:02 CDT 2004

>Hello everyone.  I just subscribed to this list a few minutes ago.  How
>much activity is there, and about how many regular posters?

A handful, as Mat said, of regular posters. There are a few who contribute
once in a great while, and quite a number of lurkers (list membership is
almost 800). (But it's OK to be a lurker on this list, I lurked on lists
like this when I was first learning JavaScript, it was a great way to
learn, for me).

>I hope to be able to help out by contributing any of my work I have
>amassed, as well as helping out with debugging.

Most excellent!

BTW, I run another list, called the Annotated JavaScript Project (AJSP),
which is supposed to take JavaScripts, heavily annotate them (line by line)
and then post them on the AJSP Website for others to learn from. I say
"supposed to" because the list is very small and very (extremely) quiet.
The idea is that there are different learning styles for different people,
and some people learn best by giving them annotated scripts to learn from.
They get to see something taken apart and every piece explained. The way it
is supposed to work is that the folk on the AJSP list help each other with
the annotations, they ask questions about particulars, etc. For those who
want to learn JavaScript better, it may be useful for them to join as well,
tackle a script and ask AJSP  list members for help in understanding this
or that part of a script.

Anyway, if you, or anyone else, is interested in being a contributing
member of the list, please see the AJSP list page at:
<http://www.mountaindragon.com/AJSP/ajsp.htm>. A few already annotated
scripts are posted at the "public" part of the site at:
<http://www.mountaindragon.com/AJSP/index.htm>. As you can see, it hasn't
been update in almost two years (sigh!). I will be updating it some today,
I need to have the annotated scripts in an non-annotated form as well, for
people to copy and paste.

TTFN,
David Merchant
JavaScript List Aministrator