[Javascript] .match() method

Peter Brunone peter at brunone.com
Mon Aug 2 21:20:05 CDT 2004

Clancy,

	I've never tried this before, but the documentation at

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/script56/html/js56jsmthmatch.asp

says this:

"If the global flag (g) is not set, Element zero of the array contains
the entire match..."

	Basically, it looks like when this flag is not set, you only get
the first occurrence.  FYI, this method is meant to be used with a
regular expression (or string containing regex pattern and flags) as the
search criterion.

	Anyway, you can read up at the link above and see if it helps.

Cheers,

Peter Brunone
Do the impossible.
Go home early.