[Javascript] Creating a division on the fly

Matt Barton javascript at mattbarton.org
Tue Aug 10 04:17:07 CDT 2004

Morning.

Was frustrated to see one-word/one-line replies to your query, so I took a
moment to knock up a quick demo for you (attached).  Its very simple, and
won't do exactly what you want, but its something you can use as a start and
adapt to your needs.  Hopefully I've understood your brief correctly; If
not, please shout and we'll look at something more suitable.

Quick disclaimer: I've tested this in IE6/Win, and although I'm not aware of
any IE specific stuff that I've used, I would want to bet the mortgage on
cross-browser compatibility.  One of the more clued up subscribers to the
group can hopefully comment on any heinous IE crimes I've commited ;)

Another quick disclaimer: I really did throw this together very quickly, so
please don't use this code as any guidelines for good practice.  Anyone with
any great desire to pick holes in my code can do so at their leisure, as I'm
sure I've provided you with enough scope.

Matt

(28 days worth of rain in 18 hours... in July ... I love England.)