[Javascript] Open Mozilla or Firefox tabs?

Shawn Milo ShawnMilo at runbox.com
Tue Aug 10 07:21:41 CDT 2004

I'm pretty sure that this has been answered in the negative in the past -- either here or in some newsgroup I was searching through. But hope spings eternal!

I would really like to be able to use JS to make a link which opens a new tab in Mozilla or Firefox when clicked, instead of having only the option to replace the current page or open a new window (IE style).  Tabbed browsing is such a convenience to use -- something like this would make it even better.

Does someone in the group know the magic words?

Shawn