[Javascript] Thanks & follow-up,

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Thu Aug 12 16:31:16 CDT 2004

Flavio Gomes wrote:

>> <object
>>   type="text/html" data="my-slow-content.html"
>>   height="500px" width="600px" border="1"
>>     standby="just waiting for this to load...">
>> </object>

> Anyone could make it work?
> Was it supposed to show "just waiting for this to load..." somewhere?

Per the spec, re' "standby":

   "This attribute specifies a message that a user agent may render
    while loading the object's implementation and data."

1) note the "may" -- the UA is not *required* to display it, and

2) it assumes the content isn't immediately available, which may
    be difficult to simulate in a test environment.

Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.