[Javascript] Javascript read out EXIF data

Paul Novitski javascriptlist at dandemutande.org
Mon Feb 9 17:40:11 CST 2004

Vincent,

I don't know if this will help, but attached is a COM written in C by
Thomas G. Lane that parses JPEG headers.  One of the things I keep meaning
to do in my Copious Spare Time is to rewrite this in VBscript so my ASP
applications can find out the dimensions of an image file to supply exact
height & width for img tags.

I don't know how to read JPEG headers in Javascript, since Javascript runs
on the client and, for most net applications, the image files reside on one
server or another.  Could the server feed the JPEG binary stream to an HTML
document element for Javascript to see?  Hmm...

Paul