[Javascript] Good vs. Eval (was Form validation)

Matt Barton javascript at mattbarton.org
Tue Jan 20 10:57:14 CST 2004

I'm inclined to agree.  I've never had cause to do that (call a function
based on contents of a string variable) in Javascript, but exactly the same
thing is possible in PHP.  In my darker moments I have been known to us it,
but I've never liked to.  It's normally the result of a bad code design
descision I have made in the past which I've neither the time or inclination
to resolve.

Just as evil is $$variablename.  But that's not just another thread, it's
another mailing list...

Matt