[Javascript] Problem adding childs to select box in another window.

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 22 04:33:57 CST 2004

>     I am having problem adding an element to a select box in another
>window.
>It is throwing an exception saying Runtime error occurred. This is what I
>am
>trying to do. In one page open a new window using this code

Yup. Known bug in IE 5.0 . Put the function that actually inserts the option
in the same window as the select box and call it cross-window.

ppk, freelance web developer
Interaction, copywriting, JavaScript, integration
http://www.quirksmode.org/
Column "Keep it Simple": http://www.digital-web.com/columns/keepitsimple/