[Javascript] Focus trick

dev at qroute.net dev at qroute.net
Thu Jul 22 19:37:26 CDT 2004

I got a real player as an embedded object in a web page. And real player
does not allow me to disable the right click on its object. And right click
pops the REAL PLAYER menu which allows one to stream the content outside my
web page and that yields itself whole bunch of problems.

The method ( SetEnableContextMenu ) of the Real Player Object ( which is
used to counter effect the menu ) is buggy and it does not do what the docs
say. It was so in version 8 and it still is in 9.

So I am trying to find a creative way. I check the onmousemove event, but
what can I do to suppress that menu ?
One idea is to set the focus or to emulate the click event at a particular
point on the browser and constantly doing it thru a timer amnd when the
mouse coordinates fall into that of the division where the real object is
running, I apply the focus trick which would hopefully cancel the pop up
menu.

But where would you set the focus ?