[Javascript] forms and js

Matt Barton javascript at mattbarton.org
Wed Mar 3 10:36:26 CST 2004

Ugh.  Don't like the look of that in the slightest.  Special chars in
element names?  Not for the likes of me...

Anyway... you could try (and my usual caveat[*] applies) something like
this:

<!-- ************************ -->
<form name="TESTTEST" action="">
<input type="text" name="(TEST)">
</form>

<script>
sControlName = "(TEST)";
TESTTEST[sControlName].value = 'HELLO';
</script>

HTH

Matt

[*] Usual caveat: I've not tried this myself, and I've no idea if it'll
work, but it might help.