[Javascript] Request for assistance...

jsWalter jsWalter at torres.ws
Sun Mar 14 13:31:47 CST 2004

OK, I'm out of time, out of brain cells and out of energy.

I *have* to have a CSS (mostly) based menu/submenu system completed by
Tuesday, among a dozen other things.

Yes, yes, yes. I've spent the past 3 days reading and playing with every CSS
menu system I can find on the net. None do what I'm looking for.

I'm asking for help.

If anyone is interested in making a few bucks (*Very* small budget) and
think they can solve my problem with a CSS menu system, please write me off
line and we can talk.

In a nutshell, I have a LIST based nav system (see below), and I want to
have a JS
method(s) control what is displayed.

Assumptions:
 1) used in FRAME setup
 2) page will not reload (I hope)
 3) no class assignment in nav list
 4) on page load
    - method will query page for contents of nav list
    - method will "activate" first main level item
    - method will "fire" link to first main level item
 5) onClick of any menu item
    - previous "highlighted" item will take non-active state
      - if it has a submenu level, it will "disappear"
    - new item will take "active" state
      - if it has a submenu, it will appear
    - link on that item will fire

This menu system is not a standard pull down with sideways submenus.

It is a vertical lists of items, with submenus that will appear under the
parent item in the vertical list.

If this make any sense to you, and you feel it is a trivial task, please
contact me off list so we can talk about it.

To see what the page looks like...

    http://web.torres.ws/nav/

This just has the CSS, no activation control. The HOVER style is to be the
ACTIVE style as well.

I hope someone can help.

Thanks

Walter