[Javascript] Show full text in pop up window

Samyukta Akunuru samyuktaakunuru at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 18 14:15:26 CST 2004

Hi flavio,
Thanks! the tool tip works for me-i tried it now.
regarding the popup window, i get error-objecy required.
am i  missing any syntax..
please let me know
my code below:

oFullTitle = window.open('','fullTitle',"width=400, height=40");
oFullTitle.document.write('<h2>Your Full Title Here.Your Full Title Here.Your Full Title
HereYour Full Title HereYour Full Title HereYour Full Title HereYour Full Title HereYour Full
Title HereYour Full Title HereYour Full Title HereYour Full Title HereYour Full Title HereYour
Full Title HereYour Full Title HereYour Full Title HereYour Full Title HereYour Full Title
Here
</h2>');
oFullTitle.focus();

td align="center">
TitleThis is the book TitleThis is the book TitleThis is the book TitleThis is the book
TitleThis is the book TitleThis is the book TitleThis is the book TitleThis is the book
TitleThis is the book Title"> This is the... </a>

flavio <flavio at economisa.com.br> wrote:

Samyukta,

Maybe you don't need to show it on a new window..

This is the...

and when the person hover the mouse the full title is shown as a tooltip.

But if you want to do it, try something like this:

======

oFullTitle = window.open('','fullTitle',"width=400, height=40");

oFullTitle.document.write(' Your Full Title Here');
oFullTitle.focus();
======

Hope to help,

--