[Javascript] window.open() not working in onLoad() of Mozilla 1.5

Hakan Magnusson hakan at backbase.com
Mon May 3 03:08:57 CDT 2004

Some more thoughts. Since onload is a javascript event "hook" the
javascript:-prefix should be omitted. In XHTML/XML all attributes should
be lowercase, so <body onload="alert('howdy, yall!')"> should definately
work.

I would first launch a alert like this, then move the alert to the
function you are calling to make sure the function gets called in the
first place. If you get an alert and there's no window still, I'd alert
the window object to see that it gets created. If everything STILL seems
correct, your problem is most certainly the popup-blocking feature of
Mozilla.

Regards,
H.