[Javascript] separating structure, style, and behavior

Paul Novitski paul at novitskisoftware.com
Thu May 6 13:38:58 CDT 2004

Shawn,

I'm still using the Transitional doctype (or none -- "quirksmode") but
would like to move to Strict -- IFF it helps me write more robust
pages.  Can you share some of the bumps along your learning curve while
moving to Strict?  Was there anything you had to sacrifice?  A handy list
of things to avoid?  Subtle lessons you had to learn the hard way because
they weren't well documented?  (I know there must be good descriptions of
making the doctype transition somewhere on the net, I just haven't seen
them yet.)

Thanks for the link to Haran's site, which I hadn't stumbled across
before.  Here are some more of my favorite useful sites, full of great
Javascript & CSS material:

Quirksmode by Peter-Paul Koch
http://www.quirksmode.org/

Eric Meyer's CSS pages