[Javascript] Form focus

Chris T christ at saeweb.com
Mon May 10 14:34:36 CDT 2004

> I implemented a cache like this once with vbscript, but each hit on the
cache required an
> iterative search through a plain old vbscript array (because the dictionay
object cannot be stored
> in application scope)  It would be much simpler/faster to use a javascript
associative array for
> this cache.

Even in VBScript you can filter an array. Look up the Filter() method to see
if that doesn't help you. We had an issue where we were writing out a
Country Drop-down which was pretty big and we liked to automatically select
their country. Looping through the array was hell, but using Filter, we were
able to cut that time down tremendously.

I don't know if that helps in your situation, but it sounds like something
you could use.

Chris Tifer