[Javascript] Form focus

Chris T christ at saeweb.com
Tue May 11 10:09:52 CDT 2004

This is going way off-topic, but one thing I can guarantee you is that
Session variables are the devil and not to be trusted (or used) in my
opinion :)

---------------------------
Microsoft's Eric Lippert (who wrote VBScript) has a detailed explanation of
what should and shouldn't go in Application or Session scope (and why) at

http://blogs.msdn.com/ericlippert/archive/2003/09/18/53050.aspx

where he says: "JScript arrays are objects... VBScript arrays are not
objects... but even still, you shouldn't put them in Session [or
Application] scope either... arrays are stored into and passed out of
Session [or Application] scope using our old friend  copy-in-copy-out
semantics. That means  that every  single time you index into an array in
Session scope, a  copy of the array is made first. If  that array is big,
that's a big performance problem."