[Javascript] windows

Matt Barton javascript at mattbarton.org
Tue May 18 06:36:50 CDT 2004

If I understand your situation correctly then I think that you'll want a
function to be called on the onload event of the middle frames document.
The function should be able to reference the opening windows document (and
forms and elements therein) by using:

    top.opener.document.

In this case "top" refers to the top window in the frames hierarchy, and
"opener", just like the previous example, refers to the window that
performed the original window.open.

Let me know if I haven't understood your scenario correctly.

Matt