[Javascript] Event "Handlers" (Literally)

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Thu May 27 10:27:41 CDT 2004

>  I searched for "event handler" hoping to find something actually would
>allow me to handle when the event occurs, but what I found was what to do
>when the event occurs.. like onclick="alert('Oh!! I was clicked')".
>  And I wanted to do was something like this:
>    <input type=text onchange="this.form.onSubmit();">

Case sensitive! this.form.onsubmit()

Otherwise this works perfectly. If you define an event handler, you just
define a method for an object (although as an extra special service the
method is called when the event takes place on the object).

image.onmouseover()

executes the mouseover event handler of the image (if any).

ppk, freelance web developer
Interaction, copywriting, JavaScript, integration
http://www.quirksmode.org/
Column "Keep it Simple": http://www.digital-web.com/columns/keepitsimple/