[Javascript] Printing Frames question . . .

Terry Riegel riegel at clearimageonline.com
Sat Nov 20 14:05:27 CST 2004

I have struggled getting Safari to print one frame from another. I have
come up with a hack, maybe someone could help me refine this hack and
possibly offer a better alternative.

I have a frame called chatarea that I want to print from another frame.
The only way I can get it to work in Safari is to create a dummy form
and a hidden field. then I run this javascript.

javascript:top.frames['chatarea'].document.dummyform.focushere.focus();
print();

Most solutions suggest you to focus on the frame, then print the frame.
So far this is the only way I can get Safari to actually focus on the
frame. Any other ideas?

Terry Riegel