[Javascript] Closing a popup window

Javier javier at viventura.de
Wed Nov 24 13:21:05 CST 2004

Hello everybody:

I've a formular, that calls to a popup window. When something is done
in the popup window, then some data is sent to the formular.
I use for example the following function, for transfering the
information to the formular:

<script language="JavaScript">
     parent.opener.setTransfer('$sID','$sField');
     self.close();
</script>

The function setTransfer in the formular looks like:

function setTransfer(PhototextID,field)
{
    document.frmRegister.elements[field].value=PhototextID + ".jpg";
}

I want to close the popup-window, when the 'setTransfer' function
is called. I've try with: "parent.caller.close", but the parent
object is null, any suggestions?

Javier