[Javascript] xp sp2 ie help

Roger Roelofs rer at datacompusa.com
Mon Oct 4 08:19:15 CDT 2004

Hi list,

I have a site where users need to upload photos.  Many of the users are
not comfortable with their computers.  In order to make their lives
easier, I implemented a 'view' button so they could view their photos
before uploading them.

This feature works by extracting the path to the image file from the
file upload control and using it to create a file:// url which is
passed to an open window javascript call.  Users had to make us a
'trusted site' in ie6, but it was a useful enough feature that many of
our users did so.

After installing service pack 2, this feature no longer works (except
in AOL).

Is there a workaround (besides recommending AOL ;-) ) ?

Thanks!

Roger
Roger Roelofs                 web   www.datacompusa.com
Datacomp Appraisal Services   web   www.mhvillage.com