[Javascript] Can html source be read

Rakesh Pai rakeshpai at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 04:16:29 CDT 2004

The most graceful way of providing with a print version of a page is
by offering a seperate print style-sheet, IMHO. Of course, you'd have
to plan for this before hand, and make your pages such that they can
switch styles completely. Also, you'd need style-switcher scripts to
generate a print preview. All this work is still simpler than doing
anything with server side code, or even worse with JavaScript.
Don't you want users to be able to print your pages if they have
Javascript disabled? Is the printing feature so dependent on client
side scripts that in the absence of a script interpretting engine, you
dont want to give him a print?
HTH,
Rakesh Pai