[Javascript] Loading Problem

Matt Barton javascript at mattbarton.org
Wed Sep 15 07:04:11 CDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "liorean" <liorean at gmail.com>
To: "[JavaScript List]" <javascript at latech.edu>

> On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 12:45:46 +0100, Matt Barton
> <javascript at mattbarton.org> wrote:
> > The script tag attributes "for" and "event", however, if you don't
already know about them, can be very useful.  I use them often.  You can use
them to bind object events to script tags: for instance, in the example I
provided earlier the code would run when the window loads.

> Which is a Microsoft proprietary invention. Why not go with the
> standard way to do it instead?

As I explained earlier, becuase it is more convinient when working with the
mechanisms that build pages for my intranet system.

> > There's many different ways to do exactly the same thing (I'll provide
examples if you want), it just so happens that this method is particularly
useful for me, given the mechanisms that build up pages in my intranet
system.

> Well, intranets usually imposes entirely different limits than the
internet.

This is not in question.

> > Should be noted that (according to O'Reilly) Netscape doesn't support
these features.

> Nor does op or saf support it.

No, I didn't think that they would.