[Javascript] Object Detection using Javascript.

Hakan M (Backbase) hakan at backbase.com
Fri Sep 24 10:42:37 CDT 2004

When inspecting the window-object, I found the following methods:

window.releaseEvents
window.captureEvents
window.attachEvent
window.detachEvent

and the following object:

window.Event

I would start by experimenting with window.captureEvents.

One thing I've always hated about Opera is that they are trying to be
'IE-friendly', which in my experience mostly means that it fucks up on
IE-proprietary code rather than reporting an error.

Regards,