[Javascript] Object Detection using Javascript.

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Mon Sep 27 15:24:18 CDT 2004

Hakan M (Backbase) wrote:

> When inspecting the window-object, I found the following methods:

> window.attachEvent

> One thing I've always hated about Opera is that they are trying to be
> 'IE-friendly', which in my experience mostly means that it fucks up on
> IE-proprietary code rather than reporting an error.

For anyone interested in this thread, here's a test case:

   <http://webtuitive.com/samples/documentWrite.jsp>

:: that illustrates the difference between using document.write()
and a DOM method like appendChild() in pages being served as HTML
(text/html) vs. XHTML (application/xhtml+xml).

Unfortunately, Opera seems not to handle the latter too well!

Comments, additions, corrections welcome :-)

Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.