[Javascript] vs vbscript

Mike Dougherty mdougherty at pbp.com
Thu Apr 14 10:18:58 CDT 2005

if you are talking about client-side scripting, you have little choice- use js.

if you are talking about server-side scripting:
   you could probably capitalize on your vb knowledge and get started quickly with vbscript
(typically what the boss wants to hear)  If you gain a comfort level using client-side js, you CAN
use it server-side as well.  Native array functions (and "strings are really character
collections/etc) are one compelling reason to use server-side js, also the try/catch error
handling is much nicer to use than vbscript's "on error resume next & clutter your code with a
bunch of error checking"   If not for the fact that our development team expects to see vbscript,
I would be migrating to js on the server.