[Javascript] Is this form control by Javascript

Roger Roelofs rer at datacompusa.com
Sat Apr 30 16:06:39 CDT 2005

Tee,

On Apr 30, 2005, at 4:12 PM, tee wrote:

> Hi I need to do an online order form like this one that is able to do
> calculations upon submission, and when I received it, I will know the
> total
> price of the order.
>
> http://www.melsmarket.com/cgi-bin/orderonline.cgi

For security reasons, you must do the calculations on the server, in
your case, as part of the cgi.  It is easy to write the calculations in
javascript, but it is even easier to 'submit' the form with a price
that is more in my favor :-).

If you want to do it on the form _and_ in the cgi, let us know.  The
critical factor is how to make the pricing info available to both
javascript and the cgi.  If they come up with different answers, your
customer will be very unhappy!

Roger,

Roger Roelofs
Datacomp Appraisal Services