[Javascript] Calculating large number of different values

Triche Osborne wdlists at triche-osborne.com
Thu Aug 4 14:10:26 CDT 2005

Hi Fred,
	I may be greatly over-simplifying your situation, and if so, I
apologize, but there were a couple of points on which I was a bit fuzzy
and you didn't include a link to the problem documents.
	Anyway, I made up a form and script to mimic the behavior you seemed to
be describing. Here is a link to my form and a text version of the JS
driving it:

http://www.triche-osborne.com/testing/fred.html
http://www.triche-osborne.com/testing/fred.txt

There is a departure from your description of note:
	(1) You indicated that the set of dropdowns in your version were  "for
the current date." Since you did not indicate that they performed any
function other than obtaining the *current* date, I obtained it from the
JS Date object instead. If you are concerned that the user's machine
date will be inaccurate or if they perform some other function such as
allowing the user to choose a future date for calculating projections,
this is not appropriate, and you will need to put the dropdown(s) back in.
	If this is not what you were describing, perhaps you could clarify the
differences and include a link to the documents so that I/we have a
better picture.

Triche Osborne